By Yanni www.fishermansbelly.com
2 lbs of halibut cut into 1/2” cubes (any white fish will do)
6 small sweet chili peppers sliced (optional: add a Thai pepper for some heat)
2 medium sized sweet potatoes
1 red onion, julienned
1 bundle cilantro, chopped
10 medium limes juiced
2 medium oranges juiced
1 tablespoon of salt
1 tablespoon pepper
1 bottle of Tequila, Rum or Peruvian Pisco
1. Add the fish into a mixing bowl then add the salt and pepper. Then continue to add red onions, chili peppers and cilantro. Add the lime juice, orange juice, mix, then refrigerate for no more than one hour.
2. Peel the potatoes, then add them into a pot of cold water. Turn on the heat and boil until they are tender. Use a pairing knife to pierce into the center of the sweet potato to check for tenderness. Allow the sweet potatoes to cool, then cut them into 1/4” rounds.
3. Pull the ceviche out of the refrigerator and begin to plate. Use a slotted spoon to retrieve the ceviche, reserving its juice for the leche de tigre.
4. Serve the ceviche with a side of sweet potatoes.
5. Grab your favorite tumbler glass and add a couple of ice cubes. Now pour out of reserved ceviche juice into the tumbler, then add an ounce of either tequila, rum or Peruvian pisco. Enjoy!